Saturday, April 4, 2009

This is one way to enjoy Spring!!!


It is Saturday and at last the sun is shining and thankfully it isn't snowing. Yesterday brought a snow/rain mix and the roads were slush covered and the wind was blowing making the 42 degree day feel more like below freezing. Okay enough whining!

I figured out a way to bring spring inside...tulips you say...appliqued to towels that definitely make me smile...and remember that spring is on it's way! And to my hubby, the towels are for decor' purposes only!

The towels are a green and yellow plaid and I chose complimentary cotton fabrics to design a vase of tulips and also a spray of simple flowers. The vase is a fun shape and the tulips are arranged in a whimsical manner. I attached the pieces onto the towel with fusible webbing and blanket stitched them with DMC floss. The small spray of flowers is done in the same manner and since it was a simple design I added buttons for added interest.

Have a blessed day everyone! And thanks for the opportunity to share my interests with you!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I am so proud of you for putting that widget on your page...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete