Sunday, August 29, 2010

Peach's & Cream!!!


It just doesn't get much better than this!!! My Grandma Bessie introduced me to pure whipping cream on strawberries years ago and that was such a taste treat!

My Mom, Dad, and Uncle raised cows when I was a young girl, so we had the real deal cream and that was to die for. Oh the memories of those cows and the milking that needed to be done...what a process it all was. I can remember the hay being put up for winter and there always seemed to be a snake hiding away in one of the bales, just waiting for me I am sure...and I always provided a little drama!

Once in awhile the cows would escape and invariably Mom & I would be home alone and we would chase the critters and pray they would return inside their fence...some interesting times for sure!

Now we slice peach's and pour on the whipping cream and I go back in time for a brief moment and enjoy the fond memories!

How blessed I feel to have had Dad, Uncle Alfred & Grandma Bessie in my life and I continue to be blessed with my Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodnesssssssss, and here I thought I was the only one that loves heavy cream on fruit.
    The first time I ever experience this treat was when I was 14 and vacationed on England's southern coast. There they served apple pie warm from the oven with a pitcher of heavy cream on the side. Yum!

    ReplyDelete