Friday, January 28, 2011

Orange-Carrot Salad


This is a delicious salad but be advised that a decorative mold may give you some trouble if you are trying to multi-task like me!

To unmold the salad I wrapped a hot towel around it and promptly forgot about it and when I came back to the project the jello had melted a bit...oh my! I quickly unmolded the salad onto a dinner plate, as it was closet to my work station!

Orange-Carrot Salad

1 - 6oz. package orange gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 1/2 cups cold water
2 large carrots, shredded
11 oz. can mandarin oranges, well drained
15 oz. can crushed pineapple, very well drained
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir in the very cold water, stirring until well dissolved. Chill until partially set.
Fold in carrots, oranges, pineapple, and pecans.
Pour mixture into oiled mold or just place in a serving bowl...chill until set.

There is some crunch to this salad which pleases my palate quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment