Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine pastries!


I just discovered that I posted this picture twice, perhaps a senior moment!

I had planned to make these pastries for Christmas but that just didn't happen so thought I would give them a try and doll them up for a little Valentine treat!

I used one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough, thawed and rolled out to a 14" square.

Then crumbled about 1/2 cup almond paste, adding 1/4 cup brown sugar, one egg yolk, and 2 tsps. milk, mix until well blended.

Spread the almond paste mixture over the prepared dough and cut into 1" to 1 1/2" strips and twist each piece to resemble a wreath shape. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet...lightly beat an egg white and brush over each wreath. Bake for about 14 minutes at 400 degrees.

I made a little buttercream frosting and tinted it pink and placed a conversation heart on top.

Tasty little pastries!

No comments:

Post a Comment