Sunday, January 16, 2011

Aprons


Our church holds an annual Scandinavian Bazaar and I decided I would craft an apron to wear while waiting on tables one year...incidently the food is wonderful, especially the apple salad and desserts!

I used an apron pattern that I had used before and kicked it up a notch with the panel of cross stitch. I love to cross stitch so of course have many patterns but decided to blend different Christmas motifs that reminded me most of my own Finnish heritage. Each row was separated with ribbon.

This particular initial apron was made for a church coffee hour and I must have been quite ambitious because our entire "crew" received one to wear. I think perhaps I made eight aprons and must say we were decked out...each apron a different color !

I made cookie plates (in an earlier post) to match our aprons...such fun we had! The memories I treasure of those days are priceless...our husbands also had homemade aprons so they could work in the kitchen doing dishes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment