Friday, July 30, 2010

Baby Turkey's

I was on my way down to our lower level to do some laundry and thought I heard something outside so approached a window and much to my surprise there were five little turkey's with their Momma right near our foundation. Off I went to get the camera as quickly & quietly as I could and to my delight the little ones were still there when I returned with camera in hand!

They didn't seem frightened at all but Momma was taking no chances so I clicked away rather quickly and got a few pretty good shots.

These pictures were taken in the morning and that evening we heard what sounded like a "crow fight"...looking out the window we saw Momma turkey diligently protecting her babies from about eight hovering large black crows...oh to live in the woods and take in nature. Every day is different out here and we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment