Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yummy Cupcakes

I have been wanting to make summery cupcakes and yesterday was the chosen date...I should have taken the humidity into consideration but I pressed on.
I spotted some pretty cupcakes recently on blogs and in magazines and decided I wanted to try my hand at something a little different!

I take great pleasure in using my collection of serving pieces, of which many have been gifts over the years from special loved ones!

Use your favorite cupcake batter and allow them to cool completely.

Use the frosting of your choice and color half with a bluish color and half with a purple color and place in a decorating bag (purple on one side & blue on the other). Using the tip of your choice, decorate the cupcakes as desired. Personally I like a buttercream or cream cheese frosting but on a hot & humid day, the consistancy is a bit challenging.

Be creative and know that even if the decorating doesn't turn out quite like you had hoped, the family will still eat the cupcakes & be thankful for a sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment