Monday, May 25, 2009

Update on Beth's Fundraiser!


Wow! According to Pastor Rick $17,000.00 was collected yesterday at the picnic/fundraiser for Beth! I am not sure if that is with the Thrivent matching funds or not, nor am I certain if that is the final amount of the auction.

What a wonderful gift for a family faced with mounting medical bills. Our community is small in numbers but it seems we always come together and help beyond compare! How blessed we are to be a part of this community of faithful people.

Although the cake pops did take time, making them was fun, and heartwarming. I am reminded that when people work together, they can accomplish wonderful things. The auctioning of a few cake pops wouldn't go far toward astronomical medical bills but when coupled with many other donations (large & small) they can make a huge difference in someone's life! I hope that I can continue to hear that voice inside cheering me on to love my neighbor as myself.

And by the way, Happy Memorial Day to all. My own father and Ben's father served this country proudly and we are grateful to them and to all the others who have and continue to serve the USA, keeping us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment