Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring-Thyme Mantel

 I have always looked forward to the re-birth, re-newall of spring...such a beautiful time of the year.
Forsythia is a favorite shrub of mine and I just can't let spring go by without a bouquet of the yellow specimen adorning the house!

Enter the fireplace...the mantel to be exact!  Now add the birdhouse, a wreath, a little box decorated with cedar and ribbon, perhaps some candlesticks...that is inspiration enough to get started!
The candlesticks were wrought iron and I decided I wanted an antique white...so paint them I did!  A fun lime green ribbon would accent the wreath and some ivy from my garden would dress up the birdhouse.  

Now the placement...as you can see from the picture below the display was off center...
just keep tweaking until you are happy!
Happy Spring, everyone...and blessings to each and everyone of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment