Monday, June 10, 2013

Multiple Fruit Pie

 Rhubarb has many happy memories in my life.  My Uncle Alfred had a patch of Rhubarb on the west side of his barn and our family loved cutting it and making rhubarb sauce.  Of course Mom used to make rhubarb pie that never lasted long enough!
 When Ben and I moved next door to his parents, not only did we have a rhubarb patch but so did they...I froze rhubarb for the winter months and made multiple recipes during the growing season.
 Never did I make multiple fruit pie until now...my inspiration was Jan Petteys who made and served us recently a pie similar to this.
Believe me, this is a keeper in the pie category at our home!
 Jan served us this pie on Friday night and she will provide me the recipe but I was determined to make a pie as soon as I could get my hands on a recipe via the internet.  I combined different recipes and the pie turned out well!
 Multiple Fruit Pie:

1  1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons quick cooing tapioca
1  1/4 cup raspberries
1  1/4cup blueberries
1  1/4 cup blackberries
1  1/4 cup rhubarb 
 Pie crust, of your choice

In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, tapioca, and fruit; toss gently and allow to stand while preparing pie crust.
Place bottom crust in pie plate (I used a 9") and spoon fruit mixture into crust.  Roll out bottom crust and cut steam vents then transfer on top of pie.  Trim and seal edges to your liking.  I brushed top of crust with 1/2/ and 1/2 and then sprinkled with granulated sugar.
Bake at 400 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes.
Allow to cool on wire rack, then serve with vanilla ice cream...Oh my goodness, even thought it is 6:30 in the morning I could eat a piece of this delicious pie right now. 

I hope you enjoy this pie~
Have a pleasant day~     

No comments:

Post a Comment