Friday, December 3, 2010

Festive Holly Towel

Christmas is approaching and the totes are being unpacked...slowly but surely! And perhaps the Christmas tree will go up this weekend????

I purchased several of the plaid towels and then decided they would make perfect gifts, if appliqued with a festive holly sprig...a pattern you ask???? Cookie cutters to the rescue! I just traced the holly leaf cutter on fusible web and then ironed on to the towels (washed/dried the towels first). I traced a coin for the berries and fused them in place. I used DMC floss (three strands) to blanket stitch around the edges of applique pieces.

The towels needed a little touch more of something...jumbo rick rack came to mind as did little seed beads. I stitched the rick rack on the towel and then stitched on the seed beads in groups of three randomly.

Makes for a cute little hostess gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment