Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Tree Skirt


This Christmas Tree Skirt was quite a project...I have wanted to make it for several years but finally found the fabrics that were just right! Renee's House of Quilting in nearby Williamsburg, MI was where most of the fabric came from...a few pieces were from the Quilted Heart in Manistee, MI which is no longer in operation :(

The cutting & fusing took some time but to machine applique took me awhile but I am so happy with the end result!

The tabs on the edge are from wool felt and then I sewed alternating colors of buttons on each (pale pink, pale green, and an off white).

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful tree skirt! I think it was perfect for the shower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Coco! I appreciate your kind comment! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete