Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day Ben!


With Ben's birthday and Father's Day so close on the calendar I decided that two cakes were out of the question. So I made cupcakes for Father's Day and decorated them to resemble a lawnmower. I chose a chocolate cake mix and made Coco's buttercream frosting and tinted it green. I used Wilton tip # 233 to make the "grass" and was pleased with the results. Then for the mower I used a milk chocolate Hershey Nugget and the wheels were M & M's and the engine was a red M & M attached with a little frosting. The handle should have been made from licorice laces but they were not available at our local grocery stores so I cut the regular licorice and made do.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable!! They turned out to be so much cuter than any of the pictures I saw floating around on the internet. As always, you hit a home run:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lawnmower cupcakes were sooooo cute and they tasted great! How can you go wrong with so much chocolate?! And by the way, even though Dad's chicken was a bust, dinner last night was fun. Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete