Saturday, August 13, 2011

Taco Pizza


Haste makes waste...that is how I feel about the photo's in this post. They are a bit blurry and I apologize and please don't judge this recipe by my poor photography!

This dinner choice is quick, easy, and in my opinion delicious!

You could use this, as we did, for dinner...or how about an appetizer. Thinking I will go the appetizer route this fall!

I am quite certain that if you enjoy taco's, you will count this as a keeper recipe!

Taco Pizza Recipe:

1 pound ground round
1 package of your favorite taco seasoning (small pkg.)
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (2 - 8 oz. cans)
16 oz. can refried beans
2 - 3 cups shredded cheese (I used Taco/Mexican Blend)
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes (your choice)
Green onions, chopped (I used 6)
You could add olives, but not at our house

Pre-heat oven to375 degrees
Brown and drain the beef
Add the taco seasoning, according to package instructions

Unroll crescent rolls into a jelly roll pan or you could use a large cookie sheet
Press dough over the bottom and up the sides a little to form a nice edge. Bake for about 11 minutes or until golden

Microwave the beans for a minute or two and carefully spread over baked, warm crescent rolls.

Top with beef mixture then sprinkle with cheese, followed by tomatoes and green onions. Return to oven for 5 -6 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve and enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment