Friday, August 9, 2013

High Fiber, Low Carb, Whole Wheat Chicken Wrap

 Are you watching carbs?  If so, these Tortilla's are a pretty good choice.  When counting carbs, you can deduct the grams of dietary fiber from the total carbohydrate grams to get the net carb count.  That is the carb lesson of the day!!!
 I prepared three small chicken tenders by quickly frying in a tiny bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, really only takes a few minutes.  Set them aside to cool just a bit.
 Now the choices are many for the filling...I chose the following:
Romaine, cut as desired
Chicken Tenders, cut into pieces
Green Onions, sliced
1/2 Granny Smith Apple, cut in matchstick pieces
Dried Cranberries, amount desired
Fresh Blueberries, for taste and color
1 Tablespoon Light Hellmann's (no joke)
Six Lugs Cherry Viniagrette, just a small amount
 I did season the chicken with a little Caribbean Citrus Salt-Free Seasoning by Mrs. Dash

Very Tasty if I do say so myself!

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment