Monday, June 4, 2012

Spinach Sausage Quiche

 This quiche recipe was found in a Pier Pleasures cookbook over twenty years ago and although I don't make it often, it is a treat when I do!
 Sunday seems to be a good day for quiche...it serves as brunch and dinner...works for me!
I used Sweet Italian sausage but you can substitute regular breakfast sausage or ham and the result will be delicious!
 I don't make as many pies as in the past, so it is good to make a pie crust occasionally so I don't forget how!!!

Spinach Sausage Quiche:

1 pound sausage
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
3 large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, drained
3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
9" pie shell, unbaked

Cook and crumble sausage, drain & set aside
Cook & drain spinach
Beat eggs and milk together; add onions, mushrooms, sausage and spinach.
Spread the Swiss cheese on the bottom of pie shell; pour egg mixture on top.
Bake at 400 degrees for about a 1/2 hour.

Do enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment