Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!


The weather leading up to Easter was unseasonably wet and chilly...okay, it was really snowy and cold!
On Friday, the 22nd of April, it would have been my Dad's 95th birthday and the sun was out and fairly warm...a perfect little tribute to a fine man!!! I managed to hang a few eggs on a tree while the sun was out!
I know Dad is always with me and I am thankful that he has been restored and has gained the crown he so earned! Love you, Dad!!!

How about some butterscotch nests with Peeps and eggs? Or would you rather have Peeps dipped in chocolate and sprinkles?

Here we have a cupcake tower and I thought I would use it for something else this year...I placed a foil cupcake liner in each cup and then put colorful paper shreds in and topped off with a plastic egg!

Personally, I am not a fan of Peeps but you need some fun decorative food items to go with the occasion! I just melted some chocolate and dipped the Peeps in it and then dipped in the colorful sprinkles...could it get an easier?

The butterscotch nests are a fun addition to Easter!

2 cups Chinese noodles
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 pkg. butterscotch chips
Peeps
Egg shaped candies

Melt the butterscotch chips and then add noodles, cereal & marshmallows...stir gently but thoroughly and mold into mounds to resemble a bird's nest. Immediately place Peep & eggs on nest to secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment