Monday, April 12, 2010

Butterfinger Cupcakes

Some time ago I stumbled upon a recipe for Butterfinger Cupcakes but failed to copy the recipe and when I Googled it today CheatDayCafe popped up and Melody has a nice blog for your viewing. I modified her recipe a bit and these cupcakes are quite tasty!

Butterfinger Cupcakes:

1 yellow cake mix
1 small package instant Cheesecake pudding mix
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
Prepare as directed on cake mix box
Chop 2-3 Butterfinger Candy Bars and fold into the batter.
Spoon batter into paper liners in muffin tins
Bake at 350 degrees for about 23-25 minutes
Remove from tins and cool on rack

Frosting:

1 can Buttercream Frosting
2-3 chopped Butterfinger Candy Bars
I used a large star tip to pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and then placed "chunks" of candy on top

When I purchased the Butterfingers I accidently chose the ones with crispy wafers...they were just fine but I would like to try the original bars because it seems like the crunch would be delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment